A Note From the Author
The Joy of Eating
- Eating In ‘A Society of More’
- Eating Smart, Eating Well, Eating Less
- How Just Eat Half™ Happened
- Who Should Read This Book?
Just Eat Half™ Vs. Other Methods Of Weight Management
- Restriction of Specific Food Groups
- Low carbohydrate
- Low fat
- Calorie counting
- Meal substitutes
- Appetite suppressants
The Just Eat Half™ Method of Weight Management
- The Three Phases
- Phase one: starting out
- Phase two: Balancing out
- Phase three: Sticking it out
- Some Important Questions
- What is ‘half’?
- Does it have to be half?
- Is eating half always practical?
- Must I eat half forever?
- What is an eating pattern?
- Avoiding ‘compensations’ that can sabotage your efforts
Tips and Techniques For Meeting the Challenges You Will Face
- General guidelines
- Smart eating patterns that you can cultivate
- Some ‘halfs’ that are both easy to remember and easy to apply
- Other smart options
- Tips and Techniques When Eating Out
- Eating at fast food outlets
- Dining out in restaurants
- Tips and Techniques For Managing Even the Toughest Challenges
- ‘All you can eat’ restaurants
- ‘All inclusive’ vacations
- Civic holidays: Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Day, etc.
The Important Role of Exercise In a Healthy Life Style
A Life Long Choice
Nutrition and Health Resources