The Just Eat Half weight loss and wellness Plan was developed by respected health professionals. However, Just Eat Half isn’t a medical organization and we can’t give you medical advice. We strongly urge you to consult with your primary health care provider (e.g., physician or nurse practitioner) before starting any plan that could result in weight loss, even if weight loss is not your goal. We encourage you to maintain your weight within the healthy weight guidelines endorsed by the World Health Organization, equivalent to a Body Mass Index (BMI) between 18.5-25.0. However, we recognize that BMI is an imperfect measure of an individual’s health and that other factors may be a more robust predictor of certain health outcomes. You can calculate your BMI here.
We also urge you to get periodic medical checkups. Weight loss can create physical changes that should be medically monitored. Studies have shown, for example, that weight loss can aggravate gall bladder illness. Weight loss is not advised for people with BMI below the healthy range. Medical monitoring is especially important for people with a known medical condition. The Plan encourages a healthier pattern of eating and the development of healthy lifestyle habits, however, it is not intended to treat any illness or disease. In addition:
- Just Eat Half prohibits participation in its weight loss and wellness plan for children under the age of 18, individuals who have been diagnosed with or treated for anorexia nervosa or bulimia nervosa in the last year, and individuals who are pregnant.
- Just Eat Half also prohibits subscription to our online products and offerings by individuals under age 18 years.
- If you are being treated for a medical condition, taking prescription medication, or following a therapeutic diet to treat a disease, it’s especially important to show the Just Eat Half plan to your health care provider. Any modifications made to the plan by your health care provider should be followed.
- The Just Eat Half weight loss plan is designed for a safe rate of weight loss – up to two pounds per week (after the first three weeks). If you lose at a greater rate, you must review the Plan guidelines and adapt them, if necessary, to avoid rapid weight loss. Not following the Plan as designed may pose the risk of developing health complications associated with rapid weight loss.
- We recommend that you monitor your weight once per week. If your weight falls below guidelines for a healthy weight, you must review the Plan guidelines and adapt them to maintain a healthy weight. Just Eat Half also recommends that you discuss your goals for participating in Just Eat Half with your health care provider. Not following the Plan as designed may pose the risk of developing health complications associated with low body weight.
- You are not required to set a weight loss goal to join Just Eat Half. You may opt to maintain your current weight while developing healthy habits.